Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Meatloaf Minis

This was a fun recipe because I got to mix it up with my hands. This my gross some of you out but raw meat feels really cool! This particular recipe was made for a loaf, but I just converted it into the minis. It made 11 muffins and I say one per person is enough! We ate it with some steamed veggies :) I'd love to try other versions of meatloaf. Anyone have a favorite recipe?

Ingredients
1lb ground beef
1 egg
1 onion, chopped
1 cup dried bread crumbs
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
 
*for glaze*
§  2 tablespoons brown sugar
§  2 tablespoons prepared mustard
§  1/3 cup ketchup
 
Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread crumbs.
- Fill each muffin hole with the meat to the top.
- In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup.
- Mix well and pour over the each mini meatloaf.
- Cook at 350° for 30 - 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment