Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Banana Bread

 
          I have been itching to get really brave and make some of my own bread. For me I have to ease into that big adventure and make something small first. So here we have some old bananas that are clinching to a very small amount of yellow left. And then here is Mr. T saying, "You know what we can use those for?" and, "You know what old bananas are good for right??" It somehow dawns on me:
Ahhhh, banana bread
I suppose that would be a good (small) step into the bread world. Instead of googling this one, I looked through my trusty cookbooks.


           Okay I might have got a little.... involved with that one. So many recipes!! Anyway, lots and lots of tiny post-its later I manned up and headed for the kitchen. I found a banana bred recipe in one of out old church cookbooks. Those are the best!! And to show how on top of this I was, I even took loads of pictures this time :)

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter and room temp
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beat one at a time
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp buttermilk
2 tsp. vanilla
3 ripe, mashed bananas

Directions
1. Mash the three bananas with a fork and set aside 


2. Cream butter and sugar; add eggs one at a time.


3. Add rest of ingredients, including bananas; mix well.
4. May add 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts if desired.



5. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Check after 1 hour with a toothpick; if it comes out clean take it out of oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment